The Sacrificial Sports Mom: No Bake Energy Bites

For “sports Moms” with very busy schedules, who find it tough to make time for themselves, The Sacrificial Sports Mom promises to help busy, overloaded moms find time for nutrition, fitness and overall well-being by sharing healthy quick recipes, time management tools and fitness programs handpicked for busy moms.

TSSM is backed by the first-hand experience of a crazy busy “sports Mom” to address the need for some sanity in an on-the-go world. We understand the sacrifices that “sports moms” make for their children on a daily basis and strive to make the lives of “sports moms” a little easier.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

No Bake Energy Bites

No Bake Energy Bites

 

I saw this recipe for a healthy snack for the kids.  I liked it because it was fast and easy (helloooo it has “no bake” in the title), had healthy whole ingredients, and was something that the kids would like.  I also really like that it gives you energy without involving a ton of sugar.  

I made a few adjustments though – I subbed chia seeds for flax seeds and I didn’t use the vanilla extract as I felt it would be sweet enough, and it sure was.  In fact next time I may cut back on the peanut butter or use a less sweet version or almond butter. 

 

They turned out amazing and the kids loved them!  I am making another batch in a day or two because they are already all gone – oooops!!

 

Below is the recipe and my swaps next to it in parentheses:

 

Ingredients:

 

1 cup dry oatmeal

1/2 cup peanut butter or other nut butter

1/3 cup honey

1 cup coconut flakes

1/2 cup ground flax seed (I use 1/3 cup chia seeds)

1/2  cup mini chocolate chips

1 tsp vanilla (I didn’t use and it was sweet enough – may have been the peanut butter I used though)

 

Instructions:

 

Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and mix until all is blended well together.  Place bowl in refrigerator for 30 minutes.  Remove once chilled and roll into small balls.  Place on wax paper and store in airtight container in the fridge for up to one week – like it will last that long :)

 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment