The Sacrificial Sports Mom: Overnight Oats part 2!

For “sports Moms” with very busy schedules, who find it tough to make time for themselves, The Sacrificial Sports Mom promises to help busy, overloaded moms find time for nutrition, fitness and overall well-being by sharing healthy quick recipes, time management tools and fitness programs handpicked for busy moms.

TSSM is backed by the first-hand experience of a crazy busy “sports Mom” to address the need for some sanity in an on-the-go world. We understand the sacrifices that “sports moms” make for their children on a daily basis and strive to make the lives of “sports moms” a little easier.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Overnight Oats part 2!

A while back I posted about trying overnight oats for the first time.  It was a big hit with my daughter and I try to make it every week so she can have it in the mornings.  I like to have it once or twice a week myself instead of my usual shake.

But as anyone on the west coast can tell you we have been having an insane heat wave and the thought of eating something warm in the mornings was just not doing it for me.  So I saw a post a friend of mine made about overnight oats in the fridge that you eat cold and I thought I would give it a try.  OH MY GOODNESS was it amazing!!!  I literally did not want to stop eating it.

Here is the recipe for you all to try.  It really is hearty and yummy and healthy!  It hits the spot for sure, and keeps you satisfied like a good breakfast should.  And did I mention it is pretty much grab and go?  Which is KEY for us busy moms.

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup almond milk
1 TBSP honey
1 TBSP chia seeds
2/3 cup frozen or fresh fruit

Combine all ingredients except fruit into a bowl and stir well.  Pour half the mixture into a mason jar and top with fruit.  Repeat layers, put the lid on and put it in the fridge overnight.  It stores well for at least 5 days.  You can mix it up any way you want it really.  Peanut butter, cocoa powder, various fruits.  The choices really are endless.  Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment