The Sacrificial Sports Mom: A look inside my daily meal plan

For “sports Moms” with very busy schedules, who find it tough to make time for themselves, The Sacrificial Sports Mom promises to help busy, overloaded moms find time for nutrition, fitness and overall well-being by sharing healthy quick recipes, time management tools and fitness programs handpicked for busy moms.

TSSM is backed by the first-hand experience of a crazy busy “sports Mom” to address the need for some sanity in an on-the-go world. We understand the sacrifices that “sports moms” make for their children on a daily basis and strive to make the lives of “sports moms” a little easier.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A look inside my daily meal plan

People are always asking me how often they should be eating, or even what my daily meal plan looks like.  So today I thought I would give you a look at what a typical day looks like for me with my meal plan. 

I always try to keep it simple with easy snack ideas and quick recipes for dinner.  I recently did a few rounds of the 21 Day Fix and my eating was pretty structured then, but now I am back to my own plan, but I have incorporated the 21 Day Fix portions and style of eating into my everyday life.  Check it out below:

Breakfast (7am):  Shakeology – always, lol.  I usually make chocolate with 1 tablespoon peanut butter, ¼ banana and 6 almonds.  Delish!!!

Snack (10am): 1 whole wheat tortilla with peanut butter and ¼ banana (do you sense a theme here?  Haha).  Handful of grapes on the side.

Lunch (12:30pm):  Spinach salad with feta cheese, walnuts, cucumbers and grilled chicken.  I use my own homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing (I’d love to share the recipe with you, hit me up!)  4-5 strawberries on the side.

Snack (3pm):  Roughly ½ cup plain greek yogurt with blueberries.  1/8 avocado sliced (so basically one half of one half of an avocado) on the side.  I sometimes like to add a few crushed red pepper flakes to them for a little kick.

Dinner (between 6 and 7 depending on our hectic kids’ sports schedules):  Steak (usually filet mignon) and grilled veggies with diced green chiles.  Our favorite is squash and zucchini.  For us, these types of meals are usually kid friendly meals because our kids love steak and veggies.  Your mileage may vary J
If I am starved between afternoon snack and dinner I may have a small snack to tie me over until dinner – a piece of fruit or some trail mix.

You’ll note I try to eat every 3 hours as it helps increase your metabolism while keeping you just full enough in between meals where you aren't ravenous and eating everything in sight. 
I also drink water, all day every day!  You need to be drinking half of your body weight in ounces every day.  It not only helps keep you feeling fuller, it aids in digestion and just overall makes your body work better!


No comments:

Post a Comment