The Sacrificial Sports Mom: Fit moms = fit kids

For “sports Moms” with very busy schedules, who find it tough to make time for themselves, The Sacrificial Sports Mom promises to help busy, overloaded moms find time for nutrition, fitness and overall well-being by sharing healthy quick recipes, time management tools and fitness programs handpicked for busy moms.

TSSM is backed by the first-hand experience of a crazy busy “sports Mom” to address the need for some sanity in an on-the-go world. We understand the sacrifices that “sports moms” make for their children on a daily basis and strive to make the lives of “sports moms” a little easier.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fit moms = fit kids

There are numerous reasons for women to stay fit and we know what most of them are (I’m looking at you skinny jeans!).  For me, however, one of the biggest driving forces in my quest to be fit is so I can model healthy behavior for my kids.

Kids are always watching us parents, even when we don’t think they are (I don’t think my daughter just invented the eye roll on her own, lol).   They notice the way we talk about food and exercise and over-all health.  If we have a good attitude about eating right and exercising, kids will have that same attitude. 
  
This is one of the many reasons I LOVE working out at home – my kids SEE me working out.  They know that when I pull out my yoga mat and hand weights that I am doing something that is beneficial to my health and well-being.  Quite often they even join me in my workouts.  These little eyes are watching me and copying me and by modeling healthy behavior I am teaching them that they can live a long healthy life by eating right and working out.

It has been shown that children who are involved in an active lifestyle with their parents are more prone to follow this lifestyle as an adult.  I want this for my kids; I want them to grow up healthy and strong and confident in who they are!  These days obesity is running rampant in society and even more so with kids.  Long gone are the days of playing outside all day until the street lights come on.  Now it is video games and tablets and texting.  I want my kids to experience what it means to be healthy on the inside and out.
 

This is my quest.  If you would like to join me but don’t know where to start, hit me up and we can do this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment