The Sacrificial Sports Mom: The great wait

For “sports Moms” with very busy schedules, who find it tough to make time for themselves, The Sacrificial Sports Mom promises to help busy, overloaded moms find time for nutrition, fitness and overall well-being by sharing healthy quick recipes, time management tools and fitness programs handpicked for busy moms.

TSSM is backed by the first-hand experience of a crazy busy “sports Mom” to address the need for some sanity in an on-the-go world. We understand the sacrifices that “sports moms” make for their children on a daily basis and strive to make the lives of “sports moms” a little easier.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The great wait

Having kids who are active in sports means lots of juggling of schedules.  Sometimes there are conflicts, other times there are tight windows of time to get things done.  This leads me to something I struggle with often….the great wait.

While your child is at practice, do you just drop off and pick up (literally not leaving the car)?  Do you walk them in and drop off and then do the reverse when it is pick up time?  Do you stay and watch the entire practice?

Well I think the answer varies.  It varies depending on your child’s age, the length of the practice, the sport involved.  For me when Riley has gymnastics practice (3.5 hours long) I do a combo of things.  Some days I drop her off and pick her up outside the gym in the loading lane.  Other days I go into the gym myself and work out (always trying to squeeze fitness into my busy mom life).  It just depends on what all I have going on in our lives that particular week.

Now for Denton, because of his age, I will always stay.  Or when it is swim class I am for sure parking my booty there for the whole time.  But as he gets older I am sure that will change.  However, staying with him during his practices makes it difficult to get other things done – like picking up Riley from her practice or cooking dinner/running unexpected errands (dogs are out of food – again???).  That is when it really helps having an involved hubby.  We can tag team the drop off/pick up but there is still that lost time waiting….


I want to hear from you Sports Moms.  Do you stay?  Do you go?  If you stay, what do you do to pass the time?  Leave a comment below, or share this with a friend who you know would want to chat about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment